The Update Profile enhancerA commonly used form, such as a survey or unsubscribe request that you can add to your message. provides a link to a web page where recipients can update their profile as shown in the following illustration.
Before You Begin
Before creating an Update Profile enhancer, you must create and publish a Landing PageAn individual topic within a Help system. that will include the enhancer HTMLHypertext Markup Language. A set of tags used to mark the structural elements of text files. HTML files include tags that create hyperlinks to other documents on the Internet. code. You will need the URLUniform Resource Locator. An Internet address, as well as a standard method of naming files on the Web. A URL begins with a protocol name (such as http), followed by a colon and two forward slashes(//). Next comes the name of the internet server that the file is stored on, followed by directories that hold the file, separated by forward slashes(/). The filename comes last, as shown in the following example: http://www.mycompany.com/whatsnew.htm of the page when creating the enhancer. For information about creating landing pages, see Creating a Landing Page.
Creating an Update Profile Enhancer
- Follow instructions for creating an enhancer.
- Follow the instructions on the Form Setup page to provide the required information.
Form URL is the only required field.
- Click Next.
- Select the demographics that you want recipients to update:
- In the Available Demographics list, click the demographic you want to add. To select multiple demographics, select each one while holding down the Ctrl key.
- Click Add.
5. Click Next.
6. Optionally, select the Required check-box for each demographic that recipients will be required to update.
7. Click Next.
8. Optionally, do any of the following:
- To change the font, select the desired font from the drop-down list.
- To change the font size, select the desired size from the drop-down list.
- To change the font color, click Pick Color and select the desired color. Alternately, you can type the color number in the Color field.
- To change the background color, click Pick Colorand select the desired color. Alternately, you can type the color number in the Color field.
- Click Next.
- Optionally, change the text of the link that appears in the message:
- To change the link text in the HTML version, edit the text in the HTML Version field.
- To change the link text in the text version, edit the text in the Text Version field.
- Click Next.
Click Previous to make any changes.
- Click Save. The Get Tag and HTML page opens.
- Copy the HTML code in the bottom section and paste it to a page that will contain the enhancer.
14. Click Save. The enhancer is created and the Enhancers page opens. The new enhancer appears in the Enhancers list.
Adding the Update Profile Enhancer to a Message
After you create an Update Profile enhancer, you can add it to the message using Aurea Campaign Manager. For information about adding an enhancer using Aurea Campaign Manager, see Adding Enhancers.