You can use the Survey enhancerA commonly used form, such as a survey or unsubscribe request that you can add to your message. to include a survey in a message.
You create a survey by adding the existing enabled attributesSpecific information about your contacts, such as name. In EmailLabs, attributes are referred to as demographics. to the form.
Before You Begin
Before creating a survey, you must create and enable the attributes you want to include in the survey. For information about creating attributes, see Creating an Attribute.
Using a Survey Enhancer in a Message
The survey appears in a message as shown in the following illustration. Recipients answer the questions in the survey and click Submit to submit it.
- Follow instructions for creating an enhancer.
- On the Choose and Order Questions page, in the Available list, select the demographic you want to include in the survey and click Add. To select multiple demographics, select each one while holding down the Ctrl key. The attribute is added to the Selected list. The demographics appears in the survey in the order they appear in the Selected list.
- Optionally, to rearrange the demographics, select the demographic and click Move Up or Move Down.
- To retain previously submitted values if the recipient leaves an answer blank, select the Do Not Overwrite Blanks check-box.
For example, the recipient previously specified Comedy as a favorite movie genre, but does not specify a favorite genre in this survey. If this check-box is selected, Comedy will remain this recipient's favorite genre; else, the favorite genre changes to a blank value.
- Click Next.
- Optionally, do any of the following:
- To change the font, select the desired font from the drop-down list.
- To change the font size, select the desired size from the drop-down list.
- To change the font color, click Pick Color and select the desired color. Alternately, you can type the color number in the Color field.
- In the Confirmation Url field, type the URLUniform Resource Locator. An Internet address, as well as a standard method of naming files on the Web. A URL begins with a protocol name (such as http), followed by a colon and two forward slashes(//). Next comes the name of the internet server that the file is stored on, followed by directories that hold the file, separated by forward slashes(/). The filename comes last, as shown in the following example: http://www.mycompany.com/whatsnew.htm of the page to open when the recipient clicks the Submit button.
- Click Next.
Click Previous to make any changes.
- Click Save.
- Click Save in the Edit Content page.
The survey is created and the Enhancers page opens. The new survey appears in the Enhancers list.
Adding the Survey Enhancer to a Message
After you create a Survey, you can add it to a message using Aurea Campaign Manager. For information about adding an enhancer using Aurea Campaign Manager, see Adding Enhancers.