This section provide the process for migrating Aurea Social (formerly NewsGatorSocial Sites and Sitrion Social) on SharePoint 2010 to Aurea Social on SharePoint 2013.
Only the required considerations for Aurea Social is documented. Any other SharePoint related migration issues should be directed to Microsoft.
This process is documented on current knowledge and information. Every effort is made to update this document as feedback is provided.
Technical – SharePoint Engineers, SharePoint Administrators, SharePoint Support, Social SMEs
Business – Project Managers, IT Managers
There are several technical requirements that need to be followed for the migration to be successful:
- Microsoft provides worksheets to manage and document the entire process. See Upgrading to SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2013 in-place upgrades are not possible.
- Only SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013 upgrades are supported for Aurea Social on version 4.5 or higher. SharePoint 2007 (MOSS) instances has to be upgraded to SharePoint 2010 first.
- Your 2010 Aurea Social instance needs to be upgraded to at least the latest 4.5 release before the migration to SharePoint 2013 is started; however, we recommend using the latest release on
https://release01.versata.com/. As of the latest update to this document, the latest release is 7.1.0.
- The version of Aurea Social must be the same on both SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 farms. For example, if you are migrating Aurea Social version 5.2.240 on SharePoint 2010, you must migrate to Aurea Social version 5.2.240 on SharePoint 2013.
- Microsoft does not support a FAST Search upgrade. Your search index needs to be rebuilt by a new search service application.